This is my recommended list for clients to go over themselves before a tune.
It helps to minimize hiccups and difficulties during the calibration process.
Mechanical Check List:
● Engine Compression
● Vacuum, Intake manifold and intercooler sealed under vacuum and pressure.
● Oil and water lines properly tightened.
● Turbo has no cracks or leaks .
● Boost solenoid installed properly and operational.
● Exhaust properly installed and leak free.
● No leaks of any kind from the crankcase, cooling system, transmission etc.
● Spark Plugs fresh and gapped correctly.
● Oil fresh and full.
● Fuel pump properly sized and in working order
● Fuel Injectors clean, flow properly and free of leaks.
● Fuel pressure regulator in good working order.
● Fuel filter clean and functioning properly.
● Fuel lines and hoses properly installed and free of leaks.
● Clutch working properly and able to handle the power/torque.
● Transmission working properly and filled with clean fluid.
● Differentials working properly and filled with clean fluid.
● Wheel bearings in good working order.
● Brakes functioning properly and properly suited for your power level.
● Wheels in good condition and properly balanced
● Vehicle properly aligned.
● Vehicle grounds all connected properly.
● Battery and alternator working properly.
● No check engine lights or codes (which cannot be fixed through a tune).
● Engine management hardware present. (accessport, serial to usb cable, etc.)
● Registration, tags and Insurance must be up to date and present!